Check out the latest Media Report – The Tweed Echo, 7 October 2010:
It would seem that the developers of Pointsville were so busy rubbin’ their greedy lil’ palms, they forgot to check the market.
The Hasto’s community knew Pointsville was too big and would not sell, but owners would not listen. Planners would not listen.
With the dodgy backing of Tweed’s Former Director of Planning, they set a course for oblivion.
Just some basic questions?
- What over 55 person wants to live in a concrete jungle with no nearby facilities – no medical, no clubs, no shops, no services,no action etc?
- What over 55 person wants to move into a block of units without ownership – leaseholds only at the price of free-holds?
- What over 55 person wants to pay ongoing management fees – buy and pay rent?
- What over 55 person wants to lose a capital gain on sale of their leasehold up to 30% – a so called”deferred management fee?”
- What over 55 person wants to move into a ghost town with no guaranteed care component – but a hopeful promise it might be built – but when?
ANSWER? NO-ONE – so there you have it. Noone Listened!!!