Yet Developer Risks Building, AGAIN!
Despite losing its small development and ordered to pull up footings, the Developer has decided to proceed building its huge development of 7 large blocks containing 264 units while it is before the NSW Court of Appeal. This DA prompted the Battle. It is the inappropriate proposed face for our Southern Entrance. Reckless? Arrogant? Connected? Your Call!!
Developers have been warned. Financiers have been warned. Builders have been warned – Council and Councillors have all been advised. Media has advised the community at large.
One thing we do know is that our 3 pro-developer Councillors will try to save these same developers again irrespective of the law. We can expect the same developer pleas:
1. “We got approval and built in good faith” – You did not, the matter has been before the Court. You took a big, cocky punt!!
2. “The goal posts were changed” – Developer councillors & developers have prevented this for 12 yrs until NOW
3. “We will go bankrupt” – Thoughtless & Reckless risk takers do.
4. “Demolition & Rebuilding will cause disruption to locals” – not like the permanent impact of these buildings
5. “We have sold units” – Reckless & Irresponsible – no rewards!
OUR MESSAGE: “You lose in Court, You pay the price, DEMOLITION!!!!
YOU TAKE BIG RISK – YOU LOSE – DEMOLITION ORDER!!! NO SAVING BY DEVELOPER COUNCILLORS!!!
The Tweed and other authorities must stop repeat unlawful saving by pro-developer Councillors. Such conduct blatantly disregards the law, experts and experienced authorities. It caused councillors sacking last time while Mr Polglase was at the helm. This conduct clearly contravenes Council’s Code of Conduct!!! It makes a mockery of legal process!!! It makes a mockery of the community’s hard fought battle of 10 years!! IT HAS TO STOP!!!! It is shameful!! Tweed Echo Newspaper headlined their Christmas Paper with the attached CARTOON which speaks volumes.
Cr Polglase (is that him on Mayor’s knee?)
Cr Youngblutt – (is that him “Me too, Me too”?)
Everyone is watching!!!
The Battle for protection and responsible decision making for HP proceeds!!!