Our other big win was the refusal of one of PDK’s developments which we previously won in the Land & Environment Court. Applying a raft of applicable laws, the Planning Department and our responsible 4 Councillors correctly refused the DA. Orders are being sort to have the developer pull up footings & remediate the site since it recklessly proceeded building while the matter was in Court.
The SAD thing however is to see the 3 pro-developer Councillors – Polglase, Youngblutt and Skinner forever trying to save their developer lobbiers (MUST see below) despite:
1. the DA not complying with the law
2. the planning department’s DA refusal
3. Council’s own expert’s advices – Ruker
4. Council’s Code of Conduct mandate to consider DAs on legal merit
5. that Councilllors were last sacked for developer associations while Polglase at the helm.